AspEdit manual Map functions
Map keyboard commands only function while the map has the input focus. If this is not the case, click the mouse in the map area to capture the focus. This will not work if dialog boxes are displayed. The only exceptions are the List, the Area and the Country editing dialog boxes.
- Panning: left, right, up down arrow keys.
- Zoom in: Page down key.
- Zoom out: Page up key.
The same restrictions apply as for the keyboard: while most dialog boxes are displayed, the mouse functions are not available.
- Moving the mouse: the coordinates at the mouse position are displayed in the status bar, below the map, in the units as selected in the List.
- Left button click on the map: displays a list of all airspace areas present at this point. Selecting an area in the list will highlight the area. Areas that are displayed in grey are not included in the airspace list.
- Left mouse button: moving the mouse while the left button is pressed will move the map area accordingly.
- Right mouse button: moving the mouse while the left button is pressed will draw a line on the map. The geographical length of the line will be displayed in the status bar below the map, in the units as selected in the airspace list dialog box.
- Mouse wheel: zoom in / out.
- Zoom to display all areas.
- Zoom to the currently selected area
- Center the map on the cursor. The cursor is used only while editing waypoints, navaids or countries
- Toggle button: display / hide navaids
- Toggle button: display / hide waypoints
- Toggle button: when switched on, only the airspace areas currently displayed on the map will be included in the list.
Further settings can be made via the Map settings dialog box, accessible via the Settings menu command.
- Blue: airspace areas included in the airspace list
- Black: areas not included in the airspace list
- Orange: areas containing errors
- Red: the currently selected area
- Light colors (light blue, gray, light orange): areas for which the "Export" field in the Area dialog box is not ticked