AspEdit manual Description
AspEdit is a freeware airspace editor, designed to facilitate as
much as possible the generating of airspace data files to be used in
aviation sports utilities, such as glider computers.
The user remains responsible to verify the correctness of all data
entered into and generated by AspEdit. The author declines any
liability regarding the correctness of the data, or the consequences
of their use.
It offers several powerful editing features such as:
- Versatile coordinate formats, see Coordinates
- Importing of blocks of multiple coordinates in a single
operation ( see the poly point dialog box)
- Definition of circles, see Circles
- Definition of “along the border of XXX” segments, see Borders
- Definition of "along paralle" segments, see Parallel function
- Definition of Airways using
navaids / waypoints.
- Adding or subtracting areas to / from another area, see Shapes
The map display shows the edits, and has
some additional features.
The data are stored in a xml file, using proprietary tags. The
xml file is designed to store as much as possible data, eg
frequencies and activity times.
Although it is possible to edit the xml file manually or using any
xml editor, it is advised not to do so. If the formatting of
the tags is not strictly adhered to, data loss may occur.
Data can be exported
into OpenAir format. Which data will be exported depends
upon the settings made in the Export
Data can be imported from OpenAir