AspEdit manual Area dialog box
Edit the properties / shape of an airspace area
Via the List, via the add button to create a new area, or by
double-clicking in the list to edit an existing area
- Name: In the exported OpenAir file other information
can be added in the name field, for example frequencies.
There is no need to add this manually, this can be accomplished
via the Export dialog box.
- Export: If unticked, the area will not be
exported. The area is drawn in light colors on the map.
- Class: This field contains the basic information, to be
included in the "AC" field of the exported OpenAir file.
- Type: This filed contains extra information, and is
used in some navigation applications.
This field must mandatory be used for airways, otherwise the
airways functions are not available.
- Top: There is no code for "unlimited", just select a
- Top / bottom units: if they are "unknown", they will be
selected automatically based upon the entered top / bottom
level. Always check the automatic selection.
- Activity: Activity is split in 3 elements: Days of the
week / hours of the day / condition.
The entries made here have two purposes:
- To allow detailed filtering upon export,
- To generate activity information in the exported file.
- Comment: Optional free comment string that will be
included in the exported file. Can contain multiple lines.
The comment line can be included in the exported OpenAir file.
- Units: The units used for this area. When the
area was created, the default units set in the Airspace List were used. From
then on, only the settings in the Area dialog box are taken into
- When the units for coordinates are changed, the units of all
elements in the list will be updated.
- This is not the case for distance units.
Attention: changing the units may cause loss of
resolution, see also coordinate
- List: Describes the shape of the area.
Double-click on an element to edit it.