AspEdit manual Area dialog box
Edit the properties / shape of an airspace area
Via the List, via the add button to create a new area, or by double-clicking in the list to edit an existing area
- Name: In the exported OpenAir file other information can be added in the name field, for example frequencies. There is no need to add this manually, this can be accomplished via the Export dialog box.
- Export: If unticked, the area will not be exported. The area is drawn in light colors on the map.
- Class: This field contains the basic information, to be included in the "AC" field of the exported OpenAir file.
- Type: This filed contains extra information, and is used in some navigation applications.
This field must mandatory be used for airways, otherwise the airways functions are not available.
- Top: There is no code for "unlimited", just select a high altitude.
- Top / bottom units: if they are "unknown", they will be selected automatically based upon the entered top / bottom level. Always check the automatic selection.
- Activity: Activity is split in 3 elements: Days of the week / hours of the day / condition.
The entries made here have two purposes:
- To allow detailed filtering upon export,
- To generate activity information in the exported file.
- Comment: Optional free comment string that will be included in the exported file. Can contain multiple lines.
The comment line can be included in the exported OpenAir file.
- Units: The units used for this area. When the area was created, the default units set in the Airspace List were used. From then on, only the settings in the Area dialog box are taken into account.
- When the units for coordinates are changed, the units of all elements in the list will be updated.
- This is not the case for distance units.
Attention: changing the units may cause loss of resolution, see also coordinate conventions.
- List: Describes the shape of the area. Double-click on an element to edit it.
- Add: Add a new shape element at the end. The Add element dialog boxwill open, allowing to determine the type of element to add.
- Insert: Insert a new shape element before the selected line in the list.
- Delete: delete the currently selected element in the list. Confirmation will be asked.
- Clear: deletes all elements in the list. Confirmation will be asked.
- List: Shows all elements of the shape.
- The elements are numbered, the numbering is displayed on the map, showing which line is corresponding to which point on the map.
- Use the mouse or keyboard to highlight a line.
- Some elements (circles, arcs, borders) consits of more than one line. To selecte such an element, highlight any of the lines.
- Pres enter or double-click on an element to edit it.
- On the map, a cursor is displayed at the position of the selected line. A button on the toolbar allows to pan the map to the cursor via position.
- Update timestamp: sets the time of last editing to the current date. This is done automatically when the area was modified (shape or any property). Use this function when you checked the area and there was no change raquired, in order to set the date of the last check.
- Cancel: All edits will be discarded.